Travel to the United States of America
All the travelers to the United States of America have to check before to travel the last requirements. Fiji U.S. Embassy could have been contacted to get an updated situation information. Regulations relating to the foreigners travellers to the U.S. are frequently changing in a short delay.
United States Embassy
The U.S. Embassy mission is to develop the relations between the United States and Fiji. They work actively to promote the cooperation on different international purposes enhance U.S.
U.S. Embassy in present in Fiji Island for economics goals.
U.S. Embassy in Fiji
U.S. Embassy Suva
158 Princes Road, Tamavua, Suva, Fiji.
Phone: 679 331-4466
Updated Information about COVID-19 to travel to the US
Since november 2021, US Administration has announced a new international air travel policy relating to public health. The foreigner travelers to the US would be authorized to entrance the country if they are fully vaccinated and with a proof of vaccination status prior to boarding an airplane to fly to the US. All the Fully vaccinated air travelers will still need to have documentation about a recent negative viral test before boarding.
What is the difference between a visa and an ESTA
You must stay very soon in the United States. A request for authorization to enter the American territory is a mandatory formality. Depending on your situation, several solutions are available to you:
- The permanent resident card better known as the Green card is one of the most difficult residence permits to obtain since it only concerns people who plan to stay permanently in the United States. The reasons for applying for a green card rather than anything else are mainly when people come to settle for professional or family reasons in the United States. Indeed, this requires a travel authorization greater than 90 days. There is an exception for the green card application for asylum seekers. Indeed they can in certain cases have recourse to it.
- The USA tourist visa concerns people wishing to stay in the United States for a period of more than 90 days. Unlike an ESTA request, the process is longer and more complicated. It requires the traveler to go to an embassy to make his request. He will then have to go there several times before obtaining his American tourist visa. Given the facts required for a visa application, the fees charged average $160. This amount is requested regardless of the VISA, which is significantly higher than an ESTA request. But once again each request will depend on the profile, the situation, and the reasons which push the traveler to go to the United States.
- The ESTA request concerns short-term professional or tourist stays (maximum 90 consecutive days over the period of validity of the ESTA). Unlike the visa or green card application, the ESTA application benefits from a simplified online process. All you have to do is fill out a form and answer the questions you are asked sincerely. These questions relate to the civil status of the traveler, his legal and medical history. Once the ESTA application is completed, it must be validated by the American internal security services. It is advisable to make your request maximum 72 hours before your departure (regulatory deadline. In most cases the answer arrives during the day.
How to get a visa for the USA
Even having responded sincerely and without error to your ESTA request may be refused. You can try to obtain a visa. To obtain a visa you must go to an American embassy. A common procedure is in place for visa applications. It consists of filling out a file and having an visa interview at the US embassy. Interview during which you will have to express the reasons that push you to apply for a visa.
Questions for which you will be asked clear and precise answers:
- The reason for your trip to the United States;
- Your medical history and current state of health;
- Your criminal record.
The interview at the embassy is very important since it is an essential condition for obtaining a visa. The US government takes this interview very seriously.
Here are some tips to put the odds in your favor:
- You must present yourself with all the documents that will be required of you such as your passport;
- Your dress will also work in your favor or not, the first impression is very important;
- You will have to count an advance of about thirty minutes to avoid being late and having your appointment canceled;
- Provide yourself with means of payment in order to be able to pay the costs relating to the visa application. The price will depend on the type of visa requested.
Despite all your good faith and will, your visa application may be rejected. Every year there is a lottery that allows you to win a green card, that is to say a permanent residence permit.
It is very difficult to obtain through the Green card lottery, although nearly 50,000 green cards have been awarded each year. Indeed the number of suitors remains very high.